SEN Solicitors & EHCPs

Make an enquiry

Education, Health & Care Plans

Richard Nelson LLP’s specialist SEN Solicitors can help you with all stages of an EHCP application, assessment and appeal as necessary. Their experience in working with the parents of children who have special educational needs means that they can help you reach a resolution much more quickly.

An EHCP can transform a child’s experience of school. Our SEN Solicitors can assist you at every stage of the process and will advise you on the best approach to take for your child. If your concerns about your child’s special educational needs are being dismissed or you’re feeling like an interfering parent, despite valid concerns, our lawyers can help you see the progress your child needs.

Obtaining an EHCP

Our SEN Solicitors can help from the very first step to getting the right educational provision for your child, which is to obtain an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP). This is a legal document setting out their special educational needs, health needs, social care needs and educational provision. This document enables you to hold your Local Authority accountable for providing the correct educational package.

Without an EHCP is difficult to be clear about what your child’s special needs are and what provision they need.

What if my child has an EHCP already?

Our SEN Solicitors will scrutinise it and help you to ask key questions. Is the provision clear, specific and quantified? Does it fully describe your child’s needs? Does it contain all the provisions they need to progress? If not then you may find it difficult to ensure that your child gets the education they really need.

We can check your plan, advise on its effectiveness and provide you with advice on how to get changes made to the EHCP or appeal on your behalf if necessary.

Richard Nelson LLP’s SEN solicitors can provide help and advice in the following areas:

Our team also offers a range of education law services for teachers, parents and students.

Get in touch

For more information about the services we can provide and about how we can help you and your business, contact us.

Louise O'Driscoll


Ben Shellard

Legal Assistant

Related content

More >
< Back to Personal Solicitors

What we do...

Request a Callback