Food Standards & Regulations
At Richard Nelson LLP we pride ourselves on the exemplary service that our food standards solicitors provide to businesses across the UK.
We can help you with any related matters to enforcement action taken by a local authority or the Food Standards Agency against you. We are pragmatic in our service and will assist you by working together with the relevant agency as well as focusing on litigation when necessary. We know the difficulties that food businesses face in a competitive and complicated legal environment and will work with you to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.Contact Us
Food Standards Solicitors
As a business that provides food for human consumption, there is a lot of legislation you need to comply with. If you are being sanctioned for noncompliance we can help you achieve your goals. We understand the difficulties that arise from your business being closed down due to noncompliance or from an internal investigation.
In addition, we can advise you on the best form of defence via the Magistrates Court regarding an enforcement order. We can also advise and litigate at the High Court if there is an area of legal dispute. If you have had difficulty in getting approval to run your business we can assist in representing your interest.
What We Do
– Challenge a range of enforcement notices: Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Notices, Hygiene Inspection Notices and Remedial Action Notices.
– Provide assistance with internal investigations.
– Advise you on best practices in order to comply with Food Law and Regulation.
– Provide assistance with a range of appeals.
– Make an application of approval for your business and challenge refusals made by the Food Standards Agency.
– Assist with removal of a Certificate of Competence – litigation in the first tier tribunal.
– Defend you if a prosecution is brought by a Local Authority or the Food Standards Agency.
Our multidisciplinary team is made up of specialists in a wide range of services, which means you'll always be represented by an expert in your area.
No-strings initial call
Get in touch to arrange a no-obligation, fully confidential call to discuss your case and work out if you want to continue.
Speak to solicitors in one of our offices throughout England and Wales, or arrange calls and remote meetings.
Proudly proving excellence
Stay in touch with Richard Nelson LLP.
Richard Nelson LLP earns Great Place To Work Certification
Defence Engagement during a Police Investigation
Why you need proper legal advice and assistance with a Minded to Bar matter
Contact our legal advice specialists today.
Are you interested in Food Standards & Regulations?
Use the form on the right to get in touch with our team and arrange an initial call to discuss your situation. We will use this no-obligation, fully confidential initial call to learn more about your case and help you understand your options going forward.