Andrew is a proficient Dispute Resolution solicitor who qualified in 1990. He has practiced in the East Midlands throughout his career, previously as a partner and director in a successful Midlands firm, specialising in resolving disputes for businesses, from multinationals to sole traders and also for private individuals, including family disputes.
Andrew’s experience has helped him to appreciate the need for swift, practical and cost effective solutions to avoid court intervention unless there is no alternative. Andrew is based in Keyworth, Nottinghamshire, but has a nationwide client base. Andrew works flexibly meeting clients at their chosen time and location. His professional yet friendly approach, coupled with a methodical and determined work ethic, benefits his clients and helps secure the results they desire.
Andrew’s areas of expertise include:
– Commercial Dispute resolution
– Representing one of the main sub-contractors in the Wembley Stadium litigation
– Securing interim injunctions to enforce post termination restrictive covenants
– Representing large and small businesses in breach of contract cases
– Pursuing and defending negligence claims for businesses both large and small
– Evicting former employees from company accommodation
– Advising and representing former business partners in partnership disputes
– Breach of warranty disputes
– Debt recovery proceedings
– Individual Dispute Resolution
– Representing former employees/directors/partners in connection with restrictive covenant proceedings
– Enforcing the terms of settlement agreements
– Advising on disputes arising from the sale/purchase of a business including breach of warranty claims
– Commencing and defending proceedings regarding the wills and estates of deceased parties including claims by and against Personal Representatives and Trustees
– Building disputes
– Professional negligence claims
– Consumer and contract disputes
– Defamation proceedings
– Family Dispute Resolution
– Divorce and related financial proceedings for high net worth individuals
– Prenuptial and separation agreements
– Co-habitee and civil partnership disputes
– Disputes and proceedings regarding children
Expert advice & representation in these areas
Issues of family law often come with personal challenges as well as legal. Our solicitors are known for their compassionate approach and commitment to securing the best possible outcome for you and your family.
When going through a divorce, you need your solicitor to be compassionate, knowledgeable, and ready to fight your corner at all times. Find all that and more with Richard Nelson LLP.
Richard Nelson LLP’s divorce lawyers are experienced in helping clients to reach the right financial settlement for their divorce. There are many different routes to a financial order, many of which will allow you to avoid taking the matter to court. Our family solicitors will advise you on the options that are best suited to your situation and can provide any of the legal services that are required by different routes to a financial settlement.
Child Arrangements Orders
Richard Nelson LLP’s family team can provide legal advice on Child Arrangements orders. When a relationship breaks down between two parents it is hoped that arrangements for the child to see both parents can be finalised amicably. However, in some circumstances, this does not happen. Our Solicitors will help you to reach the best solution for your child.
Unmarried Couples Legal Services
Richard Nelson LLP’s family lawyers offer unmarried clients our in-depth experience in all aspects of beginning and ending relationships. An increasing number of families are having children and/or owning property without marrying. Whilst perhaps having the most flexible relationship, these families can struggle with unexpected complications if things become difficult. Expert legal assistance is essential for almost everybody as the law here is strict and, unlike divorce, is not focused on a fair outcome.
If you’re concerned about the ownership of your pet as a result of your divorce, our family solicitors can provide a specialist service to help you arrive at the right outcome.
Prenuptial Agreement Solicitors
Speak to our family solicitors if you are considering a prenuptial agreement or have been asked to enter one, we can help you understand and complete the process.
Our litigation and dispute resolution specialists can help you find cost-effective solutions to commercial issues without having to resort to court proceedings.
- The Law Society
"Andrew Scott came highly recommended. He was absolutely outstanding. Andrew has vast expertise and knowledge in his field. He was patient and above all else caring. He was 'always there' no matter what time of day I needed his professional advice. I will be forever grateful for the successful outcome... he achieved for both the children and I."Read more
Are you an individual or business looking for legal advice and representation?Speak to a lawyer
- Award-winning service
- Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Benchmark for quality