Richard Nelson LLP in the Chambers UK Legal Guide 2024
On 19th October, the Chambers UK Legal Guide 2024 rankings were published. This is an established guide to the legal market’s best law firms and lawyers, released each year by Chambers and Partners – a leading independent professional legal research company operating across 200 jurisdictions.
Richard Nelson LLP has once again been ranked by this guide across several areas, including professional discipline and criminal defence. In addition, several of our solicitors and Partners have been recognised on an individual basis.
Criminal team retains Band 1 ranking for the East Midlands
Chambers describes the team as being known for offering “a wide range of criminal defence services, with notable strength advising professionals facing criminal allegations. The team can advise in very serious criminal cases including those alleging murder, rape and historic sexual offences.”
The head of our criminal defence team, Jacqui Callan, is the only person to rank as a leading criminal defence lawyer for the East Midlands, which is a fantastic achievement and evidences her wealth of knowledge, experience and reputation in criminal defence.
Quotes about Jacqui from this year’s Chambers guide include:
- “Jacqui Callan is head of the criminal defence team at Richard Nelson. She specialises in defending professional clients facing sexual offence allegations, with additional experience in drugs and murder cases.”
- “Jacqui is very good in what she shares with counsel and is quite focused and direct.”
To learn more about her standing in the guide, visit Jacqui’s Chambers profile page.
Nationwide recognition for professional disciplinary law
Our professional discipline has also been ranked as excelling nationwide. Chambers describes the team as follows:
“Richard Nelson is a multidisciplinary practice that offers representation to individuals in the healthcare and legal sectors. Its team regularly advises solicitors facing SRA investigations for a range of matters including serious misconduct. It is also adept at assisting healthcare professionals such as nurses, social workers, doctors facing misconduct allegations and fitness-to-practice hearings as well as other regulatory issues.”
The Chambers guide for 2024 features a wide range of other favourable quotes about our professional disciplinary team, including:
- “The Richard Nelson team is excellent with great strength in depth.”
- “They look after clients really well. The team is very commercial and aware of client needs.”
- “Their lawyers are always responsible and helpful.”
Individual recognition for our senior partner, Richard Nelson
Our senior partner, Richard Nelson, is ranked individually in the 2024 guide. Richard’s profile on Chambers describes him as follows: “Richard Nelson of Richard Nelson represents solicitors in SRA investigations. He is noted for his proficiency in serious misconduct cases.”
Other praise for Richard includes:
- “He has vast experience.”
- “Richard is extremely experienced and a superb advocate.”
- “Richard is excellent.”
Partner, Steve Roberts, recognised by Chambers
Our Partner, Steve Roberts is also ranked individually by Chambers, describing him as “a regulatory lawyer with considerable experience representing solicitors facing SRA investigations and proceedings before the SDT. He is particularly adept at defending lawyers against allegations of dishonesty, sexual misconduct and theft.”
Quotes in Chambers about Steve include:
- “Steve has exceptional client-handling skills and is very pragmatic in his approach.”
- “Steve is excellent and really good with difficult clients. He’s very patient yet still firm and is very diligent too.”
- “Steve is a very thorough lawyer.”
For more information about the guide and its ranking system, head over to the Chamber and Partners website. If you’re in need of legal support from some of the nation’s top solicitors, get in touch today to see how we can help.