Richard Nelson LLP recognised in The Legal 500 for 2024
On 4th October 2023, the Legal 500 UK Solicitors 2024 rankings were published. The Legal 500 is renowned as a guide to law firms and solicitors in the UK, ranking law firms and individuals who have been recommended for inclusion by clients and peers.
Criminal defence team ranked for East Midlands crime
The testimonials for the crime team are:
- “Jacqui Callan leads a great team who go the extra mile in defending their clients.”
- ‘The team at Richard Nelsons LLP are very professional and knowledgeable in all areas of law, particularly fraud and white collar crime. They are very accommodating, friendly, approachable and easy to deal with. I know that several personnel will go the extra mile for their clients, Jacqui Callan being the prime example.”
- “Jacqui Callan is the stand out individual. Her experience in criminal defence is unmatchable. She also has a great support team.”
- “First class client service with a genuine specialism in defending individuals accused of sexual offences.”
Professional discipline team rise up a tier
Our professional discipline team went up a tier this year. Richard Nelson, Steve Roberts, Marie Dancer, Victoria Rees and Sarah-Jane Varley are all mentioned, with Richard Nelson being categorised as a Leading Individual.
The team represents regulated professionals such as solicitors, doctors, teachers, accountants and healthcare professionals before their regulatory bodies in proceedings such as fitness to practise matters where the regulator is deciding if the professional is fit to continue to practise in their profession.
“The ‘very experienced and knowledgeable’ senior partner Richard Nelson is a widely-recognised SRA expert, while Marie Dancer specialises in defending healthcare and education professionals in fitness to practise investigations. Over in Cardiff, Steve Roberts is a ‘great case manager’, who predominantly acts for solicitors being investigated by the SRA. Also key to the group, senior legal assistant Victoria Rees and senior legal adviser Sarah Jane Varley (both also in Nottingham) handle a broad range of cases for healthcare professionals and teachers.”
The published testimonials are:
- “A bespoke practice that treats clients with real respect and care, whilst offering robust and sage advice.”
- “The professional discipline team at the firm is excellent.”
- “Richard Nelson LLP’s team members work in a thorough, effective and collaborative way, both together and with counsel. The consistently excellent results they achieve for their clients is a reflection of significant experience in this field.
- “Richard Nelson handles serious and complicated SRA cases for defendant solicitor clients, and is very experienced and knowledgeable.”
- “Marie Dancer – very experienced, excellent client care, and specialises in defending disciplinary and regulatory cases.”
- “Steve Roberts – a great case manager and tactician who has a great understanding of clients and manages the most difficult with aplomb.”
- “Steve Roberts goes the extra mile (or more) for his clients. Good advice that is given firmly and with a clear understanding of the client’s needs.”
- “Victoria Rees – excellent client care, very efficient, and good to deal with.”
Our Head of Immigration, Rita Kotecha is also recognised as being a Rising Star