Food Standards Solicitors
At Richard Nelson LLP we pride ourselves on the exemplary service that our food standards solicitors provide to businesses across the UK. We can help you with any related matters from the opening of your food business to any enforcement action taken by a local authority or the Food Standards Agency against you. We are pragmatic in our service and will assist you by working together with the relevant agency as well as focusing on litigation when necessary. We know the difficulties that food businesses face in a competitive and complicated legal environment and will work with you to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
As a business that provides food for human consumption, there is a lot of legislation you need to comply with. If you are being sanctioned for noncompliance or you require advice as to how you can maintain compliance with food law and regulations, we can help you achieve your goals. We understand the difficulties that arise from your business being closed down due to noncompliance or from an internal investigation.
In addition, we can advise you on the best form of defence via the Magistrates Court regarding an enforcement order. We can also advise and litigate at the High Court if there is an area of legal dispute. If you have had difficulty in getting approval to run your business we can assist in representing your interest. Our expert solicitors are also well versed in the areas of food hygiene, food safety and labelling.
Our food regulation services
Richard Nelson LLP offers the following services to businesses that need help in this area:
- Challenging notices imposed by enforcement officers: Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Notices, Hygiene Inspection Notices and Remedial Action Notices.
- Assistance with internal investigations.
- Advice on best practices in order to comply with Food Law and Regulation.
- Assistance with appeals.
- Making an application of approval for your business and challenge refusals made by the Food Standards Agency.
- Removal of a Certificate of Competence – litigation in the first tier tribunal.
- Defence if a prosecution is brought by a Local Authority or the Food Standards Agency.
Neena Jhawer is Richard Nelson LLP’s principal expert on food law. She has over 10 years’ experience in litigation and will be able to assist your business in all the above scenarios. Neena has experience of working at the Food Standards Agency and has dealt with all notices imposed by enforcement officers as we all as dealing with Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Notices. She has also been involved in High Court disputes on animal welfare issues. In addition, Neena has advised the Approvals Panel on Food Businesses receiving approval to operate.
Get in touch
For more information about the services we can provide and about how we can help you and your business, contact us.
Related contentMore >
What we do...
- Challenge a range of enforcement notices: Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Notices, Hygiene Inspection Notices and Remedial Action Notices.
- Provide assistance with internal investigations.
- Advise you on best practices in order to comply with Food Law and Regulation.
- Provide assistance with a range of appeals.
- Make an application of approval for your business and challenge refusals made by the Food Standards Agency.
- Assist with removal of a Certificate of Competence – litigation in the first tier tribunal.
- Defend you if a prosecution is brought by a Local Authority or the Food Standards Agency.