In the event that you’re called to appear in a public inquiry before the Traffic Commissioner, it’s essential that you contact one of our transport solicitors for expert legal advice as soon as possible.
Public inquiries before the Traffic Commissioner are called for a variety of reasons including:
- Considering the grant of a new Operators Licence (or an application to vary an existing Operators Licence);
- Consideration of disciplinary action against operators or transport managers;
- Assessment of appropriate financial standing of operators.
Traffic Commissioners have the power to restrict your licence, add stipulations to it, or to suspend or remove your Operators Licence, as well as disqualifying individuals from being able to apply for an Operator’s Licence.
Traffic Commissioners are also able to declare that individuals don’t meet the requirements to be a Transport Manager. This will obviously have a dramatic impact upon both the ability of the Transport Manager’s livelihood but could also impact upon the Operators ability to continue to meet the terms of their licence.
As a result, attending a hearing before a Transport Commissioner can be a daunting experience, however, we can assist you to prepare for the hearing as well as providing expert legal representation for you.
What We Do
Our experienced lawyers can help you in respect of a public inquiry before the Traffic Commissioner. Our services include:
– Advising you of remedial action to take before a Public Inquiry;
– Assisting you prepare documents to be used in your defence or mitigation;
– Representing you before the Traffic Commissioner
– Arranging for experts reports to be prepared on your behalf;
– Preparing you to be able to give your evidence to the Traffic Commissioner (including the preparation of detailed statements).
Our multidisciplinary team is made up of specialists in a wide range of services, which means you'll always be represented by an expert in your area.
No-strings initial call
Get in touch to arrange a no-obligation, fully confidential call to discuss your case and work out if you want to continue.
Speak to solicitors in one of our offices throughout England and Wales, or arrange calls and remote meetings.
Proudly proving excellence
Stay in touch with Richard Nelson LLP.
Divorcing a Narcissist: 7 Proven Legal Tactics
Richard Nelson LLP in the Chambers UK Legal Guide 2024
Richard Nelson LLP recognised in The Legal 500 for 2024
Contact our legal advice specialists today.
Are you interested in Public Inquiries?
Use the form on the right to get in touch with our team and arrange an initial call to discuss your situation. We will use this no-obligation, fully confidential initial call to learn more about your case and help you understand your options going forward.
"*" indicates required fields