Serious Fraud Solicitors
We take pride in our reputation of being one of the leading law firms in England and Wales for defending allegations of fraud. We have several serious fraud solicitors who are recognised in the Legal 500 as being leading national experts in fraud defence.
We specialise in defending all allegations of dishonesty, from Serious Fraud Office (SFO) prosecutions involving international frauds with multi-million-pound allegations, including bribery and corruption cases, to smaller matters such as mortgage fraud.
What is fraud?
Fraud covers a multitude of offences, concerning allegations of dishonesty, which often involve the following aspects:
- Restraint Orders – these are designed to freeze assets, to preserve them for any ultimate confiscation proceedings. Specialist advice can be given to anyone served with or affected by a restraint order.
- Large volumes of paperwork – we have experience in dealing with cases involving millions of documents, requiring finely tuned document handling procedures and a team of dedicated fraud lawyers.
- Raids – usually conducted by the Police and often at multiple sites where there is an allegation of misconduct by a number of people. We are resourced to attend multiple raids nationwide.
- Forensic Accountants – defending allegations of fraud often involves detailed analysis of accounting records. We work with the top forensic accountants who are often able to find holes in the analysis conducted by the prosecution.
Feedback from the Legal 500 on our Fraud service
Our fraud defence services come with recommendations from the most recent Legal 500 listings. Here are some of the highlights:
‘With two partners based in Cardiff and also able to tap into the resources of practitioners spread across a wide network of offices, including London and Nottingham, Richard Nelson LLP is well-positioned to handle a wide range of fraud defence work and financial crime, irrespective of geography’ – Legal 500 2020 Rankings
‘Excellent’ boutique firm Richard Nelson LLP is highly regarded for its strength in fraud and financial crime’ – East Midlands Fraud
‘Highly professional and diligent’ – London Fraud
‘Excellent, professional and thorough’ – North West Fraud
‘The ‘heavyweight fraud practice’ at Richard Nelson LLP is a ‘natural choice for money laundering, tax fraud and corporate tax work’– Wales Fraud
‘Highly regarded for handling cases involving complex issues relating to money laundering and the proceeds of crime.’ – North West Fraud‘
‘“Very strong from top to bottom,” Richard Nelson LLP “specialises in complex fraud” and is “steeped in experience.” Covering a broad spectrum of matters, including high-profile financial crime, and aided by a strong network that includes offices in London and Birmingham, the Cardiff-based practice is well-equipped to handle a wide range of complex cases and “leaves no strong unturned in its attempts to achieve the best possible results for its clients.”’ – Wales Fraud
Get in touch
If you require more information about the services we provide, or would like to discuss an issue with one of our expert fraud lawyers in strict confidence and without obligation then please contact us:
- Request a free call back using the form on the right
- Phone us during office hours on 0333 888 4040
- Email us at email@example.com.
Who Can Help You?
Associate and Higher Courts Advocate
What we do...
If you are facing or anticipating criminal allegations of fraud, you need to speak to our specialist lawyers as soon as possible in order to protect your interests. We can provide expert representation, from initial interviews under caution through to defence in criminal proceedings before the Courts and advice on appeals. We have a great track record of preparing robust defences and obtaining the best possible results.
If your business has been a target of fraud, then contact our specialist commercial/civil litigation team. They are renowned for their comprehensive, strategic advice, helping anyone that wants to pursue a civil claim for fraud, or to those facing a civil allegation of fraud.