Louise is an experienced Dispute Resolution Solicitor specialising in Commercial Litigation and Insolvency. Louise qualified in 2004 and has previously been a Partner and Associate Director in high profile Midlands based firms.
Louise advises on a broad range of commercial disputes including:
– Breach of contract;
– Shareholder disputes;
– Breach of director duties;
– Conflicts within a partnership;
– Professional negligence;
– Infringement of intellectual property rights;
– Breach of restrictive covenant;
Louise acts for a diverse range of businesses, from SMEs to multinationals. Her work covers sectors including leisure, professional services, property development and finance.
The majority of Louise’s work comes from client recommendation and referrals from other professionals, demonstrating her emphasis on client care and getting the right result fast and effectively.
Specific examples of recent work included:
– Successfully resolving a multi-claimant action against two executive directors who had misappropriated company assets and breached fiduciary and statutory duties.
– Achieving full recovery for a claimant of funds invested into a company based on a fraudulent valuation.
– Setting aside a Personal Guarantee given by a company director which had been induced by misrepresentation.
– Obtaining a validation order for a company within 48 hours based on an urgent need to pay their workforce.
– Successfully pursuing claims against former employees for misuse of company property including IPR and confidential information.
– Effectively defending several claims for alleged breach of restrictive covenant.
– Resolving claims for breach of warranty and using these as set off against deferred consideration due.
– Successfully securing an injunction against a former Agent to ensure continuation of a Chinese supply network for a furniture retailer.
– Ensuring the dismissal of an Intellectual Property infringement action against former employees of a major recruitment company for a software idea conceived by them to forecast recruitment needs.
– Achieved a substantial settlement on an indemnity claim following a database rights infringement action.
– Successfully defended a claim for breach of contract and early termination penalty clauses for a major bicycle manufacturer.
Expert advice & representation in these areas
Our litigation and dispute resolution specialists can help you find cost-effective solutions to commercial issues without having to resort to court proceedings.
Louise is an excellent litigator and I would not hesitate to recommend her. I regularly instruct her on behalf of my firm and my clients to get successful results. Louise is very committed and has a professional, no nonsense approach. I find her approachable and very knowledgeable.
Are you an individual or business looking for legal advice and representation?Speak to a lawyer
- Award-winning service
- Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Benchmark for quality