RMBF launches ‘Guide to Alternative Careers for Doctors’
07 Jan 2011
7 January 2011
The Royal Medical Benevolent Fund, in partnership with Working Transitions, has launched a ‘Guide to Alternative Careers for Doctors’, aimed at doctors looking to find inspiration and support when making decisions about career changes.
This accessible guide gives advice and information on a variety of topics, including:
- Getting back to work after an accident or illness,
- Getting back to work after GMC suspension,
- What if I can’t go back to being a doctor,
- Stepping stones back to work,
- What else can a doctor do?
- An A-Z of UK careers,
- Complementary medicine – a brief career guide,
- Getting a new job,
- Job campaigning,
- Interview technique,
- Might going back to work mean I’m worse off financially?
- Keeping your new job,
- Case studies
- Sources of information and support.
The sixteen page guide can be downloaded as pdf from the RMBF web site at www.rmbf.org/data/files/RMBF_Careers_Guide.pdf