Are you thinking of making an EHCP application for your child and wondering what to do next? Richard Nelson LLP’s expert solicitors can help.
The EHCP application can be carried out by a parent, a carer, the young person themselves or by your child’s school. We advise making the application yourself if you are a parent, carer or young person, rather than waiting for the school to handle it. This approach is often quicker and you have control over the content of the application.
Each Local Authority has a different EHCP application form so it is worthwhile contacting your local SEN department to get the relevant form. The form will often include space for you to give your views about your child. In addition to this, it is worthwhile to provide documentary evidence of your child’s needs and the provision (if any) he/she is receiving.Contact Us
Relevant documents include:
– Any expert reports obtained by you i.e Speech and Language Report, Occupational Therapy report, Educational Psychologist Report;
– Any NHS medical or therapy report i.e. Paediatric reports, Speech and Language reports, Occupational Therapy reports etc. Also provide a report with your child’s diagnosis if you have it and stick to the most recent reports;
– Recent Individual Education Plan & Provision Maps;
– Minutes of meetings where your child’s needs were discussed; and
– Any relevant correspondence with the Local Authority (LA), school and others.
If you would like assistance with making the application we can complete the application process on your behalf or provide guidance as required. Get in touch and we can devise a fixed fee package of support for you.
Our multidisciplinary team is made up of specialists in a wide range of services, which means you'll always be represented by an expert in your area.
No-strings initial call
Get in touch to arrange a no-obligation, fully confidential call to discuss your case and work out if you want to continue.
Speak to solicitors in one of our offices throughout England and Wales, or arrange calls and remote meetings.
Proudly proving excellence
Stay in touch with Richard Nelson LLP.
Divorcing a Narcissist: 7 Proven Legal Tactics
Richard Nelson LLP in the Chambers UK Legal Guide 2024
Richard Nelson LLP recognised in The Legal 500 for 2024
Contact our legal advice specialists today.
Are you interested in EHCP Applications?
Use the form on the right to get in touch with our team and arrange an initial call to discuss your situation. We will use this no-obligation, fully confidential initial call to learn more about your case and help you understand your options going forward.
"*" indicates required fields