Andrew is a senior commercial solicitor.
Having qualified as a solicitor at Allen & Overy LLP in 2004, Andrew has spent most of his career practising as a financial services lawyer offshore, most notably in Jersey. He advises investment and asset managers, funds businesses and banks with regard to their general legal obligations but with a particular focus on regulatory advice.
Andrew is also a general commercial specialist. Before joining Richard Nelson LLP, Andrew was Crown Counsel to the Government of St Helena, where, as a civil lawyer, Andrew advised the Government on a range of interesting commercial projects, including bringing internet fibre optic cable to St Helena as well as renewable energy provision to the island. He was also responsible for significant matters affecting aviation and island infrastructure.
Andrew can help you with:
- All aspects of financial services law and regulatory and compliance advice;
- Financial Conduct Authority applications;
- General commercial contract drafting;
- Company law advice relating to director duties, shareholder powers and disputes etc;
- Joint venture arrangements;
- Business purchases and sales, including takeovers and mergers and acquisitions;
- Project finance;
- Lending and advice with regard to finance documentation.
Andrew holds an MA from Oxford and a Post Graduate Diploma in Law (with commendation) from the College of Law, York and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Oxford Institute of Legal Practice)