Resolution (Family Law and Dispute Resolution)
Law Society Family Mediation Panel
Registered with Family Mediation Council
Sameena has specialized in Family and Matrimonial Law since qualifying as a solicitor in 1998. Sameena aims to provide clients with clear advice upon their legal and related options and to resolve their issues as quickly, cost-effectively and amicably as possible.
Sameena has extensive experience, including:
Children Matters, such as:
- Arrangements for contact, residence, parental responsibility, education, visits abroad, change of name;
- Removal of children from the jurisdiction of England & Wales and moving within the UK;
- Private Adoption;
- Financial provision for children.
- Enforcement and variation of existing Court Orders or arrangements.
- Applications to the Court for an appropriate Order.
Financial Matters such as:
- Equitable division of the available property and assets including pensions, investments and business assets;
- Interim financial and practical support;
- Enforcement and variation of existing Court Orders.
- Financial issues arising from after Cohabitation.
- Safeguarding assets including via pre-nuptial and post-nuptial Agreements and Declaration of Trusts;
- Negotiating settlements and ratifying them via Consent Orders.
- Arranging arbitration, private Financial Dispute Resolution hearings or Court proceedings for a Financial Remedy.
Relationship Matters such as:
- Divorce and civil partnership proceedings;
- Separation and Cohabitation Agreements;
- Domestic violence and injunctive remedies.
Sameena aims to achieve a conciliatory outcome but has a robust approach, and will assist clients with Court proceedings when necessary. She is a member of Resolution.
As an experienced Family Mediator, Sameena facilitates direct negotiations between clients that have separated and who wish to resolve their issues collaboratively, as an alternate option to the legal process.
Sameena is a Law Society accredited All Issues Family Mediator, and conducts mediations regarding both children and financial issues. She conducts Mediation Information and Assessment
Meetings (MIAMS) as well as full mediation, and is authorized to sign the Mediator’s section of Court forms if required.
She is a member of the Dispute Resolution section of Resolution and is registered with the Family Mediation Council.
(Please note that Sameena cannot conduct MIAMS or mediations for clients that have received legal advice from her or another practitioner at Richard Nelson LLP).
Sameena has worked in Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire for over 17 years. Outside of work, she is a Trustee of Citizens Advice South Lincolnshire and vice-chair of Southwell Business Networking Club.