Scott has been helping clients with Wills, Powers of Attorney, Probate and Court of Protection since 2007. Born in the East Midlands and currently based in Kent, Scott is happy to assist clients throughout the UK by remote means, making the best use of technology. Scott can also offer face-to-face appointments, where necessary, in Kent, London and the East Midlands.
Scott qualified in 2013 and went on to build a wealth of experience at several well-known firms in Kent before joining Richard Nelson as a Consultant in January 2022.
Scott’s approach is friendly and down to earth, with a focus on a client-centred experience. Scott builds lasting relationships with clients based on honesty and trust.
Scott is passionate about helping his clients and understands the need for sensitivity and to listen to his clients’ needs at what can be a stressful and upsetting time.
Scott has expertise in the following:
– Wills and Trusts
– Estate planning
– Lasting Powers of Attorney
– Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
– Probate and estate administration
– Court of Protection Deputyship Applications for financial affairs and health and welfare
– Other non-contentious Court of Protection Applications e.g. Trustee applications; applications by existing attorneys and deputies
– Care Funding Advice
– NHS Continuing Healthcare advice, appeals and claims
– General advice for attorneys and deputies
– Mental Capacity and best interest decision-making advice.
Scott has acted for a range of clients including advising on elderly and vulnerable client matters. This includes acting for many clients who have lost the mental capacity to make their own decisions and manage their own affairs. Scott is well placed to offer advice to Attorneys and Deputies acting in this role.
Scott works flexibly, which means he can meet the needs of clients and is happy to arrange appointments outside of normal office hours where needed.
Scott is also a Visiting Lecturer at the University of Law, Bloomsbury London Campus.
You can see more from Scott on LinkedIn.
Expert advice & representation in these areas
Wills and Probate
Whether you need help writing a will for the first time, revising an existing document or managing a loved one's estate, you can receive expert advice from Richard Nelson LLP's will and probate solicitors.
Lasting Power of Attorney Solicitors
Our solicitors are experienced in helping people in all walks of life to create Lasting Powers of Attorney. We can advise you on decisions that are best suited to your needs and circumstances. Get in touch with us today to arrange your free initial consultation.
Richard Nelson LLP’s solicitors are experts when it comes to wills. We’re here to ensure that your loved ones benefit from your assets in the precise way that you intend. Please do not hesitate to get in touch for your free initial call to discuss making a new will or reviewing your existing document.
Probate Solicitors & Estate Administration
Richard Nelson LLP’s probate solicitors can help you through the process of estate administration for your loved ones, making the process as straightforward as possible for you.
Court of Protection
Court of Protection solicitors help when the person you care for no longer understands what it means to appoint a Power of Attorney. We can support you in gaining permission to make decisions on their behalf as a Deputy.
- Full accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE), a national association and community of independent lawyers who specialise in older and vulnerable client law
- Member of the Private Client Section of the Law Society
- Dementia Friend
Are you an individual or business looking for legal advice and representation?Speak to a lawyer
- Award-winning service
- Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Benchmark for quality