Who we are
The SRA Solicitors at Richard Nelson LLP have decades of experience in advising and representing solicitors facing SRA investigations. We are founder members of the Lawyers Defence Group, which also provides guidance to hundreds of firms through its newsletters.
Our SRA Solicitors provide expert legal and practical advice to solicitors. We not only draw from their experience of defending solicitors before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (“SDT”), but on our own management and professional experience. Our SRA Solicitors have experience ranging between operating as a sole practitioner, managing a 1-5 partner firm, through to managing a large firm with hundreds of lawyers. We understand the strains on solicitors and will work tirelessly to protect you, your practice and your reputation.
As Solicitors ourselves, we recognise the stresses and strains placed on solicitors by modern day practice.
What our SRA Solicitors do
We offer advice on all aspects of the regulation of solicitors including (for more information on the services we offer, follow the links to the right):
- SRA Investigations
- SDT Proceedings
- Voluntary closures;
- Firm Authorisation
- Admission to the Roll of Solicitors
- Restoration to the Roll of Solicitors
- SDT Appeals
What Others Say
“I cannot recommend Richard Nelson and his firm highly enough. When faced with the daunting and stressful reality of a regulatory investigation and hearing, Richard was a calming and positive influence throughout the torrid three-year process. Richard was able to combine excellent legal advice with fantastic client care. I doubt we would have achieved such a positive outcome had it not been for Richard’s hard work and support throughout that difficult and worrying period. I would have no hesitation in recommending Richard Nelson LLP to anyone in the same unfortunate situation.”
Client – Steve E
“Steve Roberts of Richard Nelson LLP was a huge help in a very stressful time for me. He understood the issues quickly and gave me sensible advice whilst being sympathetic to my cause. Really pleased with the outcome and with Steve’s assistance throughout.”
Client Mr A
“Richard and Steve were absolutely professional and got us a fantastic result. Highly recommend them”
Client – Nick P
Examples of how our SRA Solicitors can Help
Examples of some of the firms/solicitors we have helped recently include:
- Making successful representations to the SRA that a firm who had received a notice of intervention should not be intervened;
- Persuading the SRA to enter into a Regulatory Settlement Agreement rather than proceed with their referral to the SDT;
- Reaching an Agreed Outcome of a Reprimand in respect of a high profile individual facing proceedings before the SDT;
- Assisting Firms in making their successful applications for Firm Based Authorisation;
- Responding to SRA investigations on behalf of clients resulting in no action being taken by the SRA.
- Representing Respondents before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.
Get in touch
If you would like to speak to one of our SRA regulatory solicitors in strict confidence, then please:
- Request a free call back using the form on the right
- Phone us during office hours on 0845 216 2000
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Can Help You?
Our experienced SRA Solicitors regularly make a significant difference to other lawyers and firms who are under SRA investigation or who need regulatory advice on the following areas:
Representation at interviews
Representations to adjudicators