Our experienced SRA Solicitors regularly make a significant difference to other lawyers and firms who are under SRA investigation.
Who We Are
The SRA Solicitors at Richard Nelson LLP have decades of experience in advising and representing solicitors facing SRA investigations. We are founder members of the Lawyers Defence Group, which also provides guidance to hundreds of firms through its newsletters.
Our SRA Solicitors provide expert legal and practical advice to solicitors. We not only draw from their experience of defending solicitors before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (“SDT”), but on our own management and professional experience. Our SRA Solicitors have experience ranging between operating as a sole practitioner, managing a 1-5 partner firm, through to managing a large firm with hundreds of lawyers. We understand the strains on solicitors and will work tirelessly to protect you, your practice and your reputation.
As Solicitors ourselves, we recognise the stresses and strains placed on solicitors by modern day practice.Contact Us
At Nottingham-based law firm Richard Nelson LLP, senior partner Richard Nelson and Cardiff-based Steve Roberts specialise in SRA defence work; Nelson is frequently instructed in large SRA investigations, particularly those with an element of fraud or involving complex financial transactions.
What our SRA solicitors do
We offer advice on all aspects of the regulation of solicitors including (for more information on the services we offer, follow the links to the right):
- SRA Investigations
- Advice and representation for SRA interviews
- SDT Proceedings
- SRA Interventions
- Voluntary closures;
- Firm Authorisation
- Admission to the Roll of Solicitors
- Restoration to the Roll of Solicitors
- SDT Appeals
- Assistenace when the SRA seeks to impose a section 43 order
- Assistance with a section 44b notice
Examples of how our SRA Solicitors can help
Examples of some of the firms/solicitors we have helped recently include:
Making successful representations to the SRA that a firm who had received a notice of intervention should not be intervened;
– Persuading the SRA to enter into a Regulatory Settlement Agreement rather than proceed with their referral to the SDT;
– Reaching an Agreed Outcome of a Reprimand in respect of a high profile individual facing proceedings before the SDT;
– Assisting Firms in making their successful applications for Firm Based Authorisation;
– Responding to SRA investigations on behalf of clients resulting in no action being taken by the SRA.
– Representing Respondents before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.
Our experienced SRA Solicitors regularly make a significant difference to other lawyers and firms who are under SRA investigation or who need regulatory advice on the following areas:
– SRA Investigations
– Responding to s.44B Notices
– Representation at interviews
– Representations to adjudicators
– Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT) Proceedings
– Defending Allegations of Dishonesty
– Voluntary Closures
– Defending applications under s.43
– SRA Authorisation
– Admission to the Roll of Solicitors
– Restoration to the Roll of Solicitors
– SDT Appeals
Our multidisciplinary team is made up of specialists in a wide range of services, which means you'll always be represented by an expert in your area.
No-strings initial call
Get in touch to arrange a no-obligation, fully confidential call to discuss your case and work out if you want to continue.
Speak to solicitors in one of our offices throughout England and Wales, or arrange calls and remote meetings.
Proudly proving excellence
Stay in touch with Richard Nelson LLP.
10 things to consider when setting up a law firm
Dealing with SRA complaints, failures, and mistakes as a junior solicitor
10 things to consider when closing your law firm
Contact our legal advice specialists today.
Are you interested in speaking to our SRA Solicitors?
Use the form on the right to get in touch with our team and arrange an initial call to discuss your situation. We will use this no-obligation, fully confidential initial call to learn more about your case and help you understand your options going forward.