Grievance and Complaints at Work
Richard Nelson LLP’s employment solicitors help employees navigate potentially complex grievance and complaints procedures while at work. Contact us today to find out more.
Being unhappy at work can be challenging, increasing your worry and stress. It can be even more difficult if you’re looking to raise a grievance as a result. Our legal advice and support is geared towards making sure your workplace disputes get resolved to your satisfaction and as quickly as possible.
Should I raise a workplace grievance?
You should raise a workplace grievance if there’s a particularly serious issue you’re concerned about while at work. Typical reasons to raise a grievance with your employer include:
- Being asked to take responsibility for work outside your employment contract;
- The pay you receive, or other terms and conditions related to your employment contract;
- Workplace discrimination, whether it’s direct and concerns your age, gender, religious beliefs or other characteristics, or indirect where, for example, you’re unable to commit to a change in policy due to personal characteristics or circumstances.
Paying for a solicitor concerning workplace grievance and complaints
It’s typical for each party to pay legal fees during an employment tribunal, irrespective of who has won or lost. Although cost orders are rare, there can be exceptions.
If you are particularly concerned, use our no-obligation, free enquiry form so we can discuss the legal fees surrounding your workplace grievance and complaints with you – there may be ways we can guide you.
For example, your home insurance may already have legal costs included. If not, we may be prepared to take claims on a “no-win-no-fee” basis.
Find a Solicitor who can help you with Workplace Grievance and Complaints
Get in touch
Our employment team offer impartial guidance to employees in need of workplace grievance and complaints services, so contact Richard Nelson LLP if you would like to speak to us in strict confidence and without obligation:
- Request a free call back using the form on this page
- Phone us during office hours on 0333 888 4040
- Email us at email@example.com.
What we do...
Whatever your grievance is concerning, we can help you by:
Drafting your grievance and workplace complaint
Helping you to negotiate with your employer if you want to leave
Preparing you for your grievance meeting
Preparing you for the grievance appeal meeting
Advising about employment tribunal claims