Full accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE), a national association and community of independent lawyers who specialise in older and vulnerable client law.
Member of the Private Client Section of the Law Society.
Specialist Wills, Probate and Court of Protection Solicitor
Scott has been helping clients with Wills, Powers of Attorney, Probate and Court of Protection since 2007. Born in the East Midlands and currently based in Kent, Scott is happy to assist clients throughout the UK by remote means making the best use of technology. Scott can also offer face-to-face appointments, where necessary, in Kent, London and the East Midlands.
Scott qualified in 2013 and went on to build a wealth of experience at several well-known firms in Kent before joining Richard Nelson as a Consultant in January 2022.
Scott’s approach is friendly and down to earth, with a focus on a client centred experience. Scott builds lasting relationships with clients based on honesty and trust.
Scott is passionate about helping his clients and understands the need for sensitivity and to listen to his clients’ needs at what can be a stressful and upsetting time.
Scott has expertise in the following:
- Wills and Trusts
- Estate planning
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Probate and estate administration
- Court of Protection Deputyship Applications for financials affairs and health and welfare
- Other non-contentious Court of Protection Applications e.g. Trustee applications, applications by existing attorneys and deputies,
- Care Funding Advice
- NHS Continuing Healthcare advice, appeals and claims
- General advice for attorneys and deputies
- Mental Capacity and best interest decision making advice.
Scott has acted for a range of clients including advising on elderly and vulnerable client matters. This includes acting for many clients who have lost mental capacity to make their own decisions and manage their own affairs. Scott is well placed to offer advice to Attorneys and Deputies acting in this role.
Scott works flexibly, which means he can meet the needs of clients and is happy to arrange appointments outside of normal office hours where needed.
Scott is also a Visiting Lecturer at the University of Law, Bloomsbury London Campus.
You can see more from Scott on LinkedIn.