Furlough legal advice for employers
Richard Nelson LLP’s employment solicitors can provide legal advice for employers regarding the UK Government’s furlough scheme. The government has extended the scheme to October 2020 as well as encouraging more businesses to return to work. Our lawyers will help you understand what this means for your business and how you can proceed.
The government announced the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme on 20 March 2020 to provide furlough security for employers and employees over the coming months in light of the Coronavirus outbreak. The scheme allows businesses to retain employees without having them work and for the employees to receive the majority of their salary, funded by the government. In turn, it will reduce the number of redundancies and avoid employees being laid off without pay.
Whilst the government has given some guidance on the scheme, there still remain plenty of questions and employers looking for specific advice. That is where we come in.
WHAT WE ARE DOING FOR EMPLOYERS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Our solicitors advise on how to implement the Job Retention scheme in line with employment law and best practice HR, including:
- Drafting Furlough Agreements, communications with staff and introductory letters on Furlough leave
- Salary top-ups
- Selecting staff for Furlough leave
- Redundancy and restructure
- Specialist consultation for employers during this period of uncertainty
ONGOING FURLOUGH ADVICE
The outbreak has affected every business and no case is the same. All organisations have their own unique culture and processes which require bespoke support. That is why we also offer extensive advice for employers that require advice regarding furlough and employment law, as and when they arise.
The businesses that we work with understand that we are only a phone call or email away from answering any questions they might have during these unprecedented times.
WHY CHOOSE FURLOUGH SUPPORT FROM RICHARD NELSON LLP?
We are specialist employment solicitors: a leading firm recognised in the Legal 500 for 2020 and one of The Times Best Law Firms for 2020. Whilst non-solicitors offer HR and employment packages, we offer a different service altogether.
In these fast-moving times, we do not just tell you what you can or cannot do. We provide practical and commercial solutions to your employment problems so that you can manage your business throughout this period of uncertainty and afterwards.
We take the time to get to know our clients and work closely with them. This ensures we are able to offer clients practical and commercially sensitive advice, which is tailor-made to their needs. This means we can provide bespoke recommendations and advice that is both practical and commercially viable.
Please be aware that advice and packages from HR consultants and unqualified advisors are not protected by ‘legal privilege’ in the same way as taking advice from solicitors. By working with us, we ensure that your confidentiality is protected at all times. In a time when businesses are being called out for their lack of care and poor leadership, legal privilege is a crucial safeguarding guarantee.
Our specialist employment solicitors have been advising a vast spread of industries and their news publications on the employment law implications due to the pandemic since the start of the outbreak. They have been featured in:
- The Telegraph
- The Daily and Sunday Express
- The Association of Accounting Technicians
- Health and Safety International
- Images Magazine (garment and textile decoration professionals)
TRAINING IN FURLOUGH AND EMPLOYMENT LAW
Our solicitors can deliver bespoke employment law training tailored to you and your businesses’ needs. We can deliver training on any subject, but our most popular sessions at the current time include:
- Implementing the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme in line with best practice HR and employment law
- Confidentiality and protecting your organisation against backlash
- Choosing employees to be furloughed and avoiding discrimination
- Maintaining morale in a period of crises
- Handling annual leave and redundancies
Get in touch
For more information about the services we can provide and about how we can help you and your business, contact us.
What we do...
- Offer practical employment law advice
- Drafting Furlough Agreements, introductory letters about furlough leave
- Advising employers on choosing who is selected for furlough
- Advising on whether collective consultation is necessary with the workforce
- Advice and support on questions that employers have regarding furlough and employment law when they arise