Rebecca qualified as a Solicitor in 2004 and has specialised in wills and probate work ever since. Based in the cathedral city of Lichfield, Rebecca assists clients in Staffordshire and the Midlands in person and also assists nationwide clients by remote means.
She has worked at very well-known legal firms in the Midlands and ran her own law firm in Lichfield for 6 years, before joining Richard Nelson LLP in March 2022 as a Consultant Solicitor. Rebecca is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) and is also a MENCAP recommended Solicitor who advises parents/carers of those with learning disabilities on the preparation of wills; lasting powers of attorney and Court of Protection applications.
Rebecca can offer help with:
· All matters of estate planning, including the preparation of wills, understanding and planning for inheritance tax and care home fees.
· Issues surrounding capacity, such as the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney and applications to the Court of Protection in circumstances where a person has lost, or lacks, capacity to deal with their own affairs.
· The administration of estates, whether straightforward or more complex estates involving business interests.
· The creation and administration of trusts, including declarations of trust.
She understands that most people don’t deal with Solicitors on a regular basis and the thought of doing so can be quite daunting. She doesn’t like legal jargon and delivers her advice in a friendly, straightforward manner and has been described as “user-friendly” by many clients. Rebecca enjoys getting to know her clients and their family. She has a number of clients where she is entrusted to look after the affairs of several generations of the same family and where she has acted for them since qualification as a Solicitor.
Rebecca can offer home/hospital visits and is flexible with appointments out of the usual office hours.
Expert advice & representation in these areas
Wills and Probate
Whether you need help writing a will for the first time, revising an existing document or managing a loved one's estate, you can receive expert advice from Richard Nelson LLP's will and probate solicitors.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE)
- MENCAP recommended Solicitor
Are you an individual or business looking for legal advice and representation?Speak to a lawyer
- Award-winning service
- Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Benchmark for quality